Monday, October 11

A new girl to wonder about

This photo has been floating around online the last few days. It's very pretty, yes? I was just struck by how lovely it must be to be one of those women that sits perfectly straight on a lovely chaise, has a gentle breeze blowing their gauzy clothing in the most flattering way, and is just out of focus enough to be stunning to anyone who catches a view of her.
I've got a whole scenario about her. I bet she dressed like this every day. She had a husband and two boyfriends, all three of which doted on her and bought her jewelry and clothes, and puppies that she loved but didn't have to pick up after. She wore gardenia and rose-infused cologne, just light enough that you'd smell it only when sitting right next to her. She sipped champagne with her lunch. She had her friends over every afternoon for tea and raunchy gossip. She spoke loudly, and with a quick wit. She never forgot a birthday. She loved to read. Also, she has a very intricate shrubbery maze in her backyard.
I feel like she has a name, but it's not coming to me. I can't think of one that's cool enough, but eccentric enough to fit her personality. She's my new, weird obsession.

No comments: