Friday, October 15

I'd rather be here, and not sick

Jeez. I've got that taste in my mouth. You know, that taste that comes along with a sore throat and an increase in snot? Yeah, it's there. It set up camp about this time yesterday afternoon.
I caught it from my kid. She's awesome and everything, but she still doesn't understand the importance of "containing the illness," and so enjoys sticking her fingers in her nose when it's running, not washing her hands as often as I tell her, wiping her nose on my arms, and continuing to enjoy face-in-face interaction. I refuse to keep her from me when she's sick, so I know that any effort to keep myself from getting sick when she is, is ridiculous. It's a pipe dream. It's nonsensical. It's crazy talk.
So I know that when she gets sick, I get sick. The only thing now is to keep Brian from catching it.

No comments: