Friday, October 29

Fear the Reaper! Grrr!

Stuff from today:
1.) Sydney, Brian and I carved our second pumpkin tonight. Well ... I cleaned it out, and did most of the carving, but Sydney chose the face design, and Brian did the final bit of random cleaning out, so I guess it could be called a group effort. But not really. I don't mind it though, I'm pretty proud of the pumpkins we've carved this year! See? I'm handy on the pumpkins ... with my scythe!! Grr!!
2.) We've got company coming tomorrow for the last of Sydney's birthday parties. Brian's family will be visiting! But as there will only be eight of us, I think we'll go to lunch instead of me ordering it in, and we'll come back home for cupcakes and ice cream. Sydney is excited to see everyone, but I do hear a lot about how the house is decorated for Halloween and not her birthday. I foresee a constant issue in the coming years, and perhaps the topic of her first therapy session.
3.) Also, my feet and nose are cold. I'm wearing slippers, which is fantastic. Also, I put the thick blanket on the bed yesterday. Of course, it wouldn't be the desert if there weren't a couple hot days before it finally cooled down, and we're dealing with those now. Really? Ninety degrees on the last couple days of October? Really?

1 comment:

rosemary said...

Kimmie, our son Matt's birthday is November 1st. For all his childhood years, he thought that Halloween decoration WERE birthday decorations. (Maybe I told him that...hmmmm...don't remember ;-)
Please tell the birthday girl we wish her a happy happy birthday celebration!!