Sunday, October 10

Ducks on a pond

* What a lovely weekend! Brian's brother and sister in-law came into town for the day and night, so the whole family clan came together at our house for some food, laughs and drinks. They're such a fun group of people, and I thoroughly enjoy hanging out and visiting with them. Lost of food, lots of beer, lots of laughs. Good stuff!
* On the downside for today, Sydney's got an official runny nose, and Brian and I shall endeavor to not catch it. This will be easier for him because he doesn't spend every hour of every day with her. I will probably get it, but will fight it like crazy until then. I was hoping she'd lose it after her lengthy nap today, but at dinner tonight, she still looked like she's ill. Even slightly hollow and darkened eyes are not a good thing. We'll see how she's feeling tomorrow.
* Also, I used the Facebook "Places" application for the first time Saturday night. I was able to post the restaurant where we were eating, and tag all the friends that were there, too. I can see where this will become a small obsession: checking in at places -- not personal -- so it can look like my life is more glamorous than it is.
* I think I'm going to send all our Halloween candy to the office with Brian tomorrow. I can't stand having it in the house, and do NOT want to eat anymore. Like I told Trainer Dan the other day, I need someone to come to my home and forcefully remove the candy, because I don't have the heart or will-power to do it myself. Tomorrow morning, I'll pretend to be someone else, with no compunction for hurting my feelings or making me sad. I will be that cold-hearted bitch that throws away another person's candy. And I'll thank me for it.

No comments: