Friday, September 17

Stonehenge = Blog. History defined!

Did you know that you could have your blog printed into book form? Let me say that differently: Guess what! I found out that I can have my blog printed in book form! Soft cover. Full-color photos. Organized post by post.
That's actually a pretty awesome idea. The book can come with a Table of Contents, which consists of the post titles, as well as an optional space for a dedication. I think I'm going to have "It's all about..." printed by year. It's funny though, because I have 2005 formatted, which only consists of posts from September 13th of that year through December 31. And it takes up (including the ToC) about 75 pages. And would cost approximately $32. That's not bad. But that's also the first year that I wrote the blog. Every year of the blog since that has 250 or more posts per calendar year. Those years, obviously, will be about three times as long, and probably cost three times more.
The cost factor makes me nervous, but that is far less nervous than I am about the entire site going down and my posts being lost FOREVER. You know what a blow that would be for future generations, right? It's very important that Sydney and her children know how much I loved television, was bugged by my shingles a couple years ago, and couldn't stand the political scene. So, I will have the blog printed, and I'll stack it on my bookshelf with all my other writings and clips. A new project!!

No comments: