Tuesday, September 7

She's a fancy cow

So, what have YOU been up to lately? I took a nice Labor Day weekend away and, family in tow, visited the parents in-law.
While there, of course, the car battery decided to do a quick death, and we had to jump the car every time we wanted to move it five feet. I got it right quick to the dealership this morning, and they confirmed that, yes, there was a bad cell in the battery. The catch: battery warranty lasts two years or 24,000 miles. My car, while less than two years old, has 26,000 miles on it. Bad news for us, $180 for a new battery.
Also, it looks like the days of our hotter-than-110-degree days are almost behind us. I saw a seven-day forecast that included highs in the mid- to upper-90s, and lows in the 70s. You know what this means, right? OPEN WINDOWS AT NIGHT. I've been waiting for that!!
As for the big NON-news, I still have not heard from the job. I'd be discouraged, but I really think I'm going to get it, so I'm feeling more frustrated that they haven't called me yet. Frustration and nervous more than anything. Ye gods, I hope they call me tomorrow. I'm itching to go shopping for that delicious blue Coach bag, and to take my husband out to dinner on my own paycheck.

No comments: