Saturday, September 11

Sad, and heartbreaking

The annual coverage is so incredible. It's like you can't not watch it. Always more film of it, always different people who experienced it and survived to tell the tale. Tonight, Brian and I watched the coverage on History Channel. We saw a piece that we had ever seen before: on the Marriott Hotel survivors and their stories. It was kind of amazing. I had no idea how many people had survived the collapse of that building, and what their experience was. Another incredible story of heroism and tragedy. But what's weird is that, even the stuff I've seen before, I still have such an emotional reaction to it. I still cry. I still have to cover my mouth in shock. I still can't believe that it actually and really happened. The whole scene is so surreal. I'm so sad for the people in these video and sound clips. My heart goes out to them. I feel so sad for everyone who witnessed this. Such a tragedy.

No comments: