Monday, September 20

Monday night delight

How is that I'm still so tired tonight after taking a two-hour nap this afternoon? Honestly, I just yawned, and my eyelids are so heavy. What the hell? Usually, when I've been so inconvenienced by a nap during the day, I am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed into the night hours. But not tonight. Obviously, I need the sleep. So, let's bullet point the day, shall we?
* Still no word on the job, either good or bad. I'm actually still hopeful, but being realistic, I'll be getting back to the want ads tomorrow.
* I'm close, super close, to removing Gossip Girl from my Monday night viewing schedule. It's telling, don't you think, when I can watch the entire hour-long show in 20 minutes because so many of the plots are irritating to me that I skip them.
* We removed Sydney's swing from the backyard patio cover this morning. She's too big for it, and today, it had to go. "Sadly, this is one of the bad things about becoming a big girl. Sometimes, we get too big to play with some of our toys."
* I made the appointment for a new starburst in my new windshield to be repaired. No kidding. I've had the new windshield for less than a week, in fact, it had only been two days, when I took a rock in the window on our way to the lake on Saturday. I'm pissy beyond words about it, but more than that, it needs to be fixed.
* I let Sydney pick my next book to read, and she made her selection based entirely on the cover's color: blue, which is her favorite color. And so, The Count of Monte Cristo it shall be. Time to dig into the unread classics on my shelf.
* I've decided that I quite like drinking a glass of chocolate milk for dessert.

No comments: