Thursday, September 2

A flower, for the job, and in spite of the oil

Tomorrow is seven days from the seven-to-10-day decision-making estimate that I got from the interviewer last week. I am quietly, subtly, but definitely, freaking out. Every time my phone rings, I jump. I am sure to keep the phone with me at all times. I am irritated by how much I'm depending on this job coming through for me. But I really hope to get a call that'll make my weekend super, duper awesome.
Also, I can't believe that another oil platform blew up today. Doesn't that just seem like a really weird coincidence? I mean, a coincidence is all it is, but still, it's a really weird one. We've had two oil platform explosions within six months, and before them, like years without one. I feel like the gods are trying to tell us something. Even though it's just a coincidence and probably can be explained, maybe this is a real sign that society needs to make some very real changes. Will anyone ever be able to perfect an electric, or corn-fed, car? Will we ever be able to be independent of oil and petroleum? Will I have to worry about my daughter dealing with some Armageddon judgment day experience because all the oil runs out? The latter, of course, freaks me out more than anything. (I worry a lot about what tragedies may befall the planet as long as she's on it.)
Also, in other random news, we've decided to extend our lease for another year beyond the end of the current lease, keeping us here until March 2012. That sounds like a far way away, but you all know as well as I do, that time flies, and it'll be here before we know it.

No comments: