Sunday, August 15

Reflections on Sunday

First, an update on Daisy: As I predicted, there was indeed a poop from her body on the grass late Friday night. This made me feel much better. (Her, too, I'm sure!!) Though her plastic-eating ways continue. Today, the Silver Surfer lost his head.
In other news, I did get to see two new movies yesterday: (500) Days of Summer and Tooth Fairy. The last of which I was prohibited from mentioning on Facebook, since Brian was embarrassed that we watched it. (It was kinda cute, and definitely cheesy!) Today, no new movies, but I did get to take a nap.
Also, I waited too long to deal with my speeding ticket, and discovered that, if I wanted to do traffic school, I would have to complete the course tonight or tomorrow (must be done seven days before court date!). And the school costs about $20 more than the ticket itself. The cost isn't really a factor, well, the $20 isn't, but the truncated time table certainly is a problem. I could do the online class, but that is what cost the more money. And with no last-minute babysitter available, I knew I couldn't go to a real class tomorrow. And I certainly DO NOT want to have to go to court. So, a check paying the fine, it will be. Grr. But, oh well.
Job news: I applied for a couple editorial positions tonight (LOVE the Internet!), and will hope to hear from them soon. One is actually just right down the street! It's getting super stressful in my house about the job/income thing, and I feel a pit in my stomach lately when I consider our expenses versus our income. Especially now with school starting. It's ridiculous how tough of a time I'm having finding something. But I'll tell you something: I'm still holding out for the other editorial job from the web site I interviewed with. I really, really hope that comes through ... and soon.
I painted my toenails with the blue nail polish last night. This is a good omen. When the toenails are blue, good things happen.

No comments: