Monday, August 30

It's a five-legged octopus, like this post!

Stuff from today, listed for your pleasure, but in no particular order:
1. The new Dancing with the Stars cast was announced this evening. Notable highlights include David Hasselhoff, Jennifer Grey and "The Situation" from Jersey Shore. Notable lowlights include Bristol Palin, Audrina Partridge and the obligatory Disney Channel person, Kyle Massey. The highlights, for now, are better than the lowlights, but we'll see as we get closer.
2. I wore longjohns, socks and my rain shoes, as well as a long-sleeved shirt, while out watering the grass. Those little biting shits will NOT get me again. I hate, hate, hate scratching my ankles, heels and legs all day. Their ability to destroy a good night's sleep also is a bad thing.
3. Sydney and I went through all her shoes this evening, so we could find more than the one pair of tennies for her to wear to school. The school requires sturdy shoes, which means not sandals or flip flops, and all her sturdy shoes are from last winter. About three pair are still comfortable, which is okay, but only two are strong enough to withstand school. Looks like Sydney and her mommy are off to the mall one day soon! As I told Sydney tonight, not to worry about us not getting her new shoes, because buying her new shoes is my second favorite thing to do at the mall.
4. I started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I'm liking it a lot so far. I'm done reading tonight, but look forward to getting some pages read during Sydney's nap tomorrow, and then when she's at school on Wednesday. Yay reading!!
5. MOVIE NIGHT!! Clash of the Titans, starring one of my movie boyfriends, Sam Worthington. I didn't like the first incarnation of this movie. I appreciate that this one was less campy, but still, it wasn't wonderful. Worthington made it better, but still not a great movie. In thinking about it, I believe that I would watch it again, and may end up purchasing the DVD after all.

No comments: