Saturday, August 7

I'm Lightning McQueen! KA-CHOW!!

Dude. I got a speeding ticket today. A real, side-of-the-road pulling over speeding ticket. Honestly, I think the officer was kinda hiding, which is their way, but in the end, I'll admit to not really looking for him or paying that much attention. So, I got clocked for going 86 mph on a 75-mph freeway. The officer informed me, after he checked my license, registration and insurance, that 86 was considered criminal speeding in Arizona. He decided that I didn't really fit the "criminal speeder" mold, so wrote my ticket for 85 mph. I stood on the side of the freeway, in the Arizona heat, for about 20 minutes this afternoon while he wrote the ticket, and we discussed movies, Mark Wahlberg and date nights. He was a cool guy, but still, he'd be cooler if he let me go with a warning. On the up side, I had a valid Arizona driver's license, so there was no ticket for that. Still, the day would be considered more of a success, if I had gotten away without a ticket. Damn.
Traffic school, here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your relly lightning mcqueen?