Friday, August 20

I'll see your paranoia, and raise you a haiku

I'm a little anxious today. I sent out four resumes on Sunday night, and I didn't hear back on any of them this week. Nor have I heard from the web site about the "other" editorial position that they'd like to consider me for. My goodness, don't these people know how lucky they would be to have me? You know, paranoia is beginning to set in. Are my skills that unmarketable right now? Is my resume crazy unattractive because I've been out of the workforce for the last four years? Should I rethink my career choice? When can I cry? Seriously, if the universe was interested in making me sweat over this one, it's working!
So, I present a haiku in honor of the universe, so maybe it'll cut me some slack, and throw me a bone in the form of a job I'll like.

Oh universe, I dig you,
Been working out, stud?
Use your might: a job would rock.

No comments: