Monday, August 30

I like this one, with the seed packets

It's a good thing when you find a new Hallmark store. Having one close by is never underrated, but it's especially helpful if the store itself is a good, happy, stuffed full one. I found such a Hallmark store this afternoon, oddly concealed in a random corner of town. I went in to pick up a sympathy card for my dear friend, Maria, and ended up spending a bit of time wandering through the aisles, making a mental list for my first (if the gods are smiling on me) paycheck. The store was already stocked with Halloween stuff, including a pretty awesome dancing Frankenstein that Sydney didn't find as amusing as I did. Also, there was some Thanksgiving stuff, and they already had their Christmas ornaments displayed. (YES, there were cards there!) But most interestingly, for me, was that they had a decent selection of Sprinbok puzzles. Now, I prefer the company's 2,000-piece jigsaw puzzles, but they had a nice grouping of 500-piece and 1,000-piece puzzles, too. (In fact, in looking for an image to accompany this post, I happened on the Springbok web site. How had I never thought to check for that before!! So many puzzles available for purchase on the site!!)
But really, in seeing the puzzles there, all innocent and untouched, I knew ... absolutely knew ... that I had to christen my little dining room table with a new puzzle. I have a leaf extension I can use, too, so I could, technically, do a 2,000-piece puzzle. What I really do need though, is a tablecloth to spread over my puzzle when I'm not working on it. All the better to keep a toddler's fingers from messing with it and unintentionally dropping some pieces for the puppy to chew up and poop out.
I love me a good puzzle. I got to go get one. It's a sickness now. It's a necessity.

No comments: