Wednesday, August 18

Get it? FRENCH fries?? HA!

ITEM!: Things that I should not have eaten today, Wednesday edition: McDonald's for lunch, Reese's peanut butter cups for snack, eggrolls for after-dinner snack, and a cinnamon roll for dessert. It is ridiculous to me that I can not keep myself from eating something that my tummy is convinced is really tasty, even though I know that exactly four seconds after I eat the thing, I will regret it. So, tomorrow is another day to eat better and be a healthier person. It's nice that every morning is a fresh beginning to a day. (And that may be the most obvious statement I've ever made.)
ITEM!: I've got an opinion on the mosque that wants to be housed near Ground Zero. That I have an opinion should not come as a surprise to you. Nor, I think, will my opinion. Arguments like this are exactly the reason why the United States should be held to a higher standard. Hell yes, the people should be "allowed" to place a mosque on that piece of street. And hell yes, they should be able to do it without demonstrations, protests and politicians turning the ignorant into indignant ignorant, which is even worse. It's not just about freedom of religion, but also freedom to gather. I'm constantly blown away by how red politicians use and abuse the Constitution to further their own ends, but declare it sacrosanct when it serves their purposes. That this is even a "fight" that people around the country feel they can weigh in on is a travesty to the Muslim organizers' rights. Making it worse is that people actually do believe that a Muslim community center and mosque is a terrorist-making venue, rather than a peaceful gathering place. Let these people build their "church" where they want. Get over it, people.
ITEM!: I have an idea for Sydney's birthday, and I'm getting super excited about it: a big-girl bed. I'm talking about a mattress, box spring and bed frame; a flat sheet, fitted sheet and blanket; a quilt and pillow sham; and a regular pillow to lay her little head upon. I'm thinking Ikea for the twin-sized mattress and box spring. (Katy got her bed there, and she likes it. This is a high recommendation for me.) As for the linens, well, you know me, nothing but Pottery Barn Kids for my girl. I can't wait for the newest catalog to arrive so I can drool over the selection. I'll give Sydney her two or three patterns to choose from, so she'll have the bed she wants for her big day. I can't believe she's going to be four!
ITEM!: The MASTER PLAN for getting my "stuff" together is moving along pretty well. I sent in Assignment 9 for my children's writing course this morning. Do not give me a hard time about how long it's taken me to do this. It took seven months to get this thing written and sent. I don't think that Assignment 10 is going to be too time-intensive either, and will get that done as soon as I hear back on Assignment 9. I will finish this course by the end of this year. That is a declaration. File it under "MASTER PLAN (comma) writing course."
ITEM!: My body is a bit sore tonight. Because Dan is no longer working on Thursday, and because Sydney and I have her preschool open house Friday morning, I trained on Monday, Tuesday and today. Three consecutive days with the trainer is a special kind of hell both bad and incredibly good. I can feel the good that my body gets out of a few good workouts, and it makes me happy. Happy with a whole lot of Advil, but happy nonetheless.
ITEM!: I miss you, Lisa!! :)

No comments: