Thursday, August 12

After this, no more heat complaints

I had that moment this afternoon where I realized that I was DONE, with a capital D-O-N-E, with the heat of the summer.
This morning, it was hot when Sydney and I got in the car to go to the gym. It was hot when we left the gym. We spent a couple hours at the pool with Nicole and Ella, and it was hot. Getting into the car after the pool, it was crazy hot. Getting into the car, before and after swim school, was hot. Grocery store trip this afternoon was ... well, anyway.
This afternoon, as I watered the grass in the backyard, and sweat from the heat, I had that moment when my head just went, "You know what, this sucks right now. WHEN is autumn?" And even that season doesn't guarantee cooler weather. I see shorts weather well into October.
Ho hum. ... ... "Feel it, hot, hot, hot!"

No comments: