Wednesday, July 14

Z-z-z-z-z-Zingers, Zingers

I did the dumbest thing the other day. I bought a box of chocolate Hostess Zingers, along with Brian's box of Ding Dongs. Now, on the surface, Zingers aren't much; think of rectangular chocolate cakes, white cream inside, chocolate icing along the top. But, no kidding, drop some of those little delights in the refrigerator, and let them chill, and they become a wonderful, summery, chocolaty bit of fantastic goodness. Oh yeah, and I have a box of them. However, I have, in a moment of wisdom, only put a couple in the fridge. I hope I lose interest before I decide that there should be more in there.
ALSO: Exciting news! I got the e-mail request for a second interview this afternoon! I got homework, too. The e-mail came complete with three things for me to bring along to the interview: writing samples, some story ideas, and a few big ideas for the property. Homework! My mind is already turning though, and that's a good thing.

Okay, random postscript: Check out the Hostess Cakes web site, and they don't mention Zingers at all. They are, however, listed on the Dolly Madison Cakes web site, which is owned by the same company as Hostess. But take a look at all the Zingers' packaging, and it says Hostess. I wonder why that is. No big deal, of course, but weird.

No comments: