Tuesday, July 27

I'll be checking my e-mail every day

Well, that's just icky. I didn't get the job, and I'm pretty disappointed by that. I like it better when people call me with good news, but that can't always be the case, can it? On the up side of the down e-mail, the managing editor asked me if I'd be interested in being considered for another editorial position that they'll have available at the end of August. So really, they liked me a lot; I was the second choice; the first choice said yes after a few days of deliberation (while I waited); they wanted to know how bitter I would be about not getting the job I wanted; and they have already considered me for a different position almost immediately. This is good, if it works out that way. It's only a matter of weeks until I know something. I'll try to not be too eager to hear from them. That's go well, I'm sure.

No comments: