Sunday, July 4

Happy Fourth of July, 2010!

I think we're going to go to Tempe Beach Park tonight and watch the fireworks while gently baking on the hot sand. List of provisions needed: towels and blankets to sit on, plenty of water to drink, iPods and iPhones for entertainment, camera, snack foods. Also, a random fact that just rolled into my head, is that Sydney was wearing diapers last year for the Fourth, so I didn't have to worry about her needing to pee in the potty. Of course, I'll make her go before we leave, but should she need to go once we've been there for a while, we could have a real problem. Damn. Maybe I won't bring that much water.
As far as Fourth of July's go, this has been a good one so far. We had a yummy lunch, Sydney and I baked brownies, and the naptime seems to be going well (as of now!). We had considered barbecuing some dinner, but as I think about it, we have charcoal, and yes, a barbecue, but we didn't stop to buy any groceries. So, nothing to barbecue. Maybe we'll head to the store once Sydney wakes up and get some burgers and their ingredients. We've got to eat something with the incredibly patriotic brownies!

No comments: