Tuesday, July 13

Crazy, and so MEAN and ANGRY

Okay, it's official: Mel Gibson is bat-shit crazy. And NOT in a good way. I happened across his fate-filled and abusive conversation recordings with his ex-girlfriend this afternoon, and I'll tell you, it is wild to listen to. So much rage. In a scary, scary way. Someone get his ex-wife on the phone, because she must have stories to tell. A man with this much anger and hatred in him doesn't just become that way with a recent girlfriend. No, no. He's been this way for a long time. I feel bad that anyone would be subjected to his verbal and (alleged, but probable) physical abuse.
It was weird to hear, all that anger coming from a "familiar" voice. I was so blown away by the things he was saying. I really just sat on the sofa with my mouth hanging open. All the wrath was coming so fast and hard through the recording that I honestly couldn't process it. I don't blame this girl at all for recording this. She had been right in thinking that no one would probably believe her, and in making these recordings to prove her word. Good for her.
So, who's going to work with Gibson now? His management has dropped him. His public relations agency has dropped him. I heard that his directorial employer has dropped him, too. He should be thankful he made so much money off The Passion of the Christ. He'll need to live off that for the rest of his life. I enjoy that there is no one coming forward to defend him, as some did after his DUI arrest and anti-Semitic, racist and sexist rant from a few years ago. Like I said though, I would like having someone else come forward to prove that his behavior is chronic.
It's for sure that I'll never watch another Gibson movie. Nor will I watch an old one on TV. (In fact, I flipped past Maverick this evening, on CMT, which was one of my favorites.) I'm so over him, it's ridiculous. Like I said, bat-shit crazy.

No comments: