Friday, June 11

A new A-Team!

I have always been a big fan of The A-Team. It's one of those '80s-kid things, but a cliche that I cling to in my life. Hannibal, Face, Murdock and B.A. will always, always, always be super awesome in my mind. (Full disclosure: my ring tone on Mom's phone is the show's theme song.) Love, love, love the show. I went into mourning when George Peppard died. I developed a bit of a crush on Dwight Schultz and Dirk Benedict. Mr. T is, well, Mr. T.
When I heard that a movie was going to be made based on the television show, I got excited and happy. I figured that the movie would be able to roll with the action and "violence" better. I love the idea of Liam Neeson as Hannibal, and Bradley Cooper as Face. All the previews look fantastic in a popcorn summer movie way. I can not wait to see this movie.
I'm a little disappointed that Mr. T was quoted as saying he didn't really like the movie. I expected his comments to mirror Benedict's more, as he complained about how small his cameo was in the film. But the complaints that Mr. T had were the issues I had with the TV show: cartoon violence in which no one was ever hurt or died (herein lies my approval of violence in my entertainment), and a distinct lack of romantic entanglements and sexy issues.
The A-Team opened today, and sadly, I won't be able to catch it this weekend. It is though, imperative that I see it in an actual movie theater. This is my new priority (after Toy Story 3 next weekend). Yay!!

No comments: