Friday, June 25

Love my Jetta, don't love these issues

I wonder if I didn't blog about my car last night because I'm embarrassed. Once again, the Malfunction Indicator Light went bright yesterday morning, and, after the pool play date of course, I spent a harrowing 20 minutes driving the car to the VW dealership. My service manager, Neil, and another manager could hear the problem when I drove into the bay: engine not firing properly. Great. Sydney and I got our rental car (Pontiac G6), picked up some Sonic for lunch, and went home.
This morning, I got the call that one of the hoses had deteriorated, and was replaced, so I could come pick up the car. Here's the best part: according to the invoice, the hose was a part of the intake manifold. The same manifold that was just replaced? Perhaps. I'd know more if Neil could be bothered to get off the phone when I picked up the car. I get the impression that he just doesn't like to answer my questions. Is it a girl thing? I don't know, but it is an irritating thing.
All this is happening only a month after the car's 20,000-mile inspection, which, I thought, was supposed to inspect all these things. If not the manifold specifically, then certainly the hoses. Honestly, what the hell? It blows me away that the car works perfectly awesome for a year, and then suddenly, once it's inspected, all kinds of hell starts to break loose on the vehicle. It's a good thing that I love the car so much, or I'd be getting really, really, really, really frustrated with it.

No comments: