Wednesday, June 16

And the Wednesday ITEM! list returns

ITEM!: So here's the deal with the car: a part of the manifold needs to be replaced. The part, of course, is on the East Coast, so it won't arrive at VW until tomorrow. I should get the car back tomorrow, too. Currently, I am cruising around town in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I had forgotten how big an SUV is to drive around. Granted, the Freelander wasn't that big, but still, once you get out of the habit of being taller on the road, it's weird being big again. But the moral of this story is that, when a warning indicator lights up on your dashboard, it may just mean that something really is wrong with the car.
ITEM!: I watched the first episode of Dexter tonight. I've always heard good things about it, and Katy told me that I'd like it, so I dove in this evening. I watched it, get this, on the Watch Instantly feature, via Wii's wi-fi connection through Netflix. This is a super cool thing, by the way. I think I may have found my new technological boyfriend, you know, until I get my new iPhone 4.
ITEM!: In related news, Apple and AT&T have sold out their iPhone 4 pre-orders. This is disappointing, but not terrible. I know that I want one of these phones, and that I will get one. It just becomes a matter of when I decide to get it. I can wait for more to be available. Because it will be mine, yes, it will be mine.
ITEM!: Watching last night's Deadliest Catch was heartbreaking. It's the time during this season when we begin to watch the eventual loss of Capt. Phil Harris, who died during the taping due to a stroke. Last night, he was in obvious health distress. And the fight with his son, Jake, was so sad, knowing that soon this father would be taken from this son. My heart aches for Jake, who, no doubt, has some guilt going on. Next week, Capt. Phil's stroke is broadcasted. He insisted that the cameras keep rolling during his health crisis, bringing to an end his story on the show. That's inspiring, but still, super sad.

No comments: