Monday, June 21

Absolutely no pic of the swimsuit

I bought a new swimsuit today.
It dawned on me the other day that Sydney isn't progressing in her swim class too well because she's only swimming for 30 minutes a week ... in class. This, is a problem. My new pledge is to get her in the pool at least three other times during the week. To do this, of course, I had to be comfortable in a swimsuit.
None of the suits in my drawer were cutting it for me, so I decided that the perfect, black one-piece swimsuit was my best bet. we stopped first at Nordstrom, where I actually knew I would find something to make me happy. I bribed my daughter with a visit to The Disney Store if she sat quietly and patiently while I tried on suits. This, plus her desire to "teach Mommy to swim" made her cooperative. My first hurdle, which I tackled quickly, was in asking for the help I would need. Katie was indeed very helpful, and before long, I had two one-piece suits, and several two-piece suits, which I knew I would not like on me but wanted to try on anyway.
I did finally settle on one that makes me feel kinda Elizabeth Taylor sultry and lush, but still holds my tummy in. I felt triumphant to find something that flattered me, and covered a couple of my flaws. (Some flawed parts, like the thighs, can only be covered by swim dresses, which I will not wear.) I'm actually even a little excited to wear the suit tomorrow!
Finally, yay swimming!!

No comments: