Monday, May 17

"We were ON A BREAK!"

I do love my television, but I also love when I can turn the television off for the night and know that I'm not missing anything on it. This is the beauty of summer. Sure, I'll have a couple shows that I have to watch, like Burn Notice and True Blood, but on the whole, I'll be free of the television for a few months. And I'm looking forward to this.
It's a bittersweet couple weeks when all the season finales are being rolled out. I like all the good television that comes along with the shows wanting to wow the viewers. I like the cliffhangers. I don't like the months I'll have to wait to see what happens next. But I do like having my nights to myself again. You know, I think I wrote this exact blog post last year at this time.
I suppose this is where I tell you that I've got my "Summer Reading List 2010," and that I'll hope to power through all my books over the next couple months. Sure, that's what I hope! Of my shows, a few are already gone for the season (Life Unexpected, The Vampire Diaries, Human Target), and more will be gone this week (Castle, The Mentalist, 30 Rock), and still more next week (Lost, Chuck, Dancing with the Stars). So, I suppose I'll be "on a break" from my TV for a little while ... at least until June. Like I said, you know, Burn Notice and True Blood.

My Dancing with the Stars voting (5 votes allowed):
Evan Lysacek ~ 3 votes. All right , people, it's crunch time. I want Evan (and Anna) to win this thing, so he's getting a big portion of my vote love tonight.
Erin Andrews ~ 1 vote. I just really like her (and Maks) a lot, and I'd love to see her in the finals.
Chad Ochocinco ~ 1 vote. As much as I like Erin, I also really, really like Chad. He's been so great this season! I'd love to see him make it into the finals, but, as I'm torn by this, they both got the same amount of vote-age.
Nicole Scherzinger ~ 0 votes. She's the better dancer, I think, but since I really, really, really want Evan to win, she gets no votes.

No comments: