Sunday, May 23

No Facebook = productive day

It's simply amazing how much can get done in a day when one stays away from their computer and Facebook. Yesterday was that day for me. After a cursory check in the morning, I closed the computer for the day. I started a book (The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown), and got about two thirds of the way through it by my bedtime last night. I watched a movie, Daybreakers, which was not too terribly wonderful. I went out during naptime and got myself a wonderful pedicure. By the time I did get back to my computer, it was 12:45 a.m., and I checked in just to make sure that no one did anything too fantastic to wait to hear about until this morning. I feel accomplished from my day yesterday.
This morning, I did the same thing. I checked Facebook, made a couple comments, "liked" a couple things, and then turned off the browser. Once I'm done here, I'll shut the whole computer for the day. Because today, is a big day for me!
Katy is coming over to watch Sydney while Brian and I go see Iron Man 2. (This officially makes Katy the coolest person on the planet for the day!) After the movie, we'll come home, and be back in time for what I am calling "Lost-apalooza!" our final night and episode of Lost. There is a two-hour retrospective, which starts at 6 p.m., before the finale, which starts at 8 p.m. It will be a full night of crazy Lost-ness, and I am so looking forward to it!!

No comments: