Monday, March 22

The return of the ballroom

Brian has decided that I hate him on Monday nights from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Arizona time). This is the only time period in which I am utterly and completely in control of both televisions in the house. Bedroom television: DVR recording both Dancing with the Stars and Life Unexpected. Living room television: DVR recording Chuck, and watching DWTS. There is a logic here. I simply can't sit and watch four hours of necessary television that I don't start until 8:30 p.m. (I include Castle in that four hours. Chuck waits for tomorrow during school hours.) The kicker is that the first hour of DWTS, Chuck and Life Unexpected all fall during that 7 to 8 hour, requiring the use of both DVRs. I watch DWTS in the living room because that gives me an hour jump on the DVR backlog, but also because I want Sydney to develop an affection for this ridiculous show. In my dreams, we will, some day soon, watch and squeal and giggle through it together. Because of this monopoly over the televisions, my own TV-obsessed spouse has nowhere to settle down and watch his own combination of Discovery, History and sports programming. He said to me tonight, "Why do you hate me?" I said, "Whatever, but okay. Yes. Monday nights, from 7 to 8, you may think that I hate you."

My Dancing with the Stars voting (11 votes allowed):
Chad Ochocinco ~ 2 votes. I follow Ochocinco on Twitter, and appreciate his honesty, forthrightness, and love of McDonald's. I had heard that he would be a surprise. I'm agreeing. I like him a lot already.
Shannen Doherty ~ 2 votes. I always thought that Doherty got the short end of the stick when it came to her press coverage. I actually loved her on Beverly Hills, 90210 (Brenda and Dylan 4-Ever), and Charmed. I like her emotional connection to the show because of her dad. Votes!!!
Evan Lysacek ~ 2 votes. I know that this show is all about the gold-medal winners, but these votes go strictly to Lysacek's partner, Anna Trebunskaya. I swear, she's been on this show since the beginning, and has been shafted with bad partners. I want her to win. Her accent, and sassy attitude, are AWESOME.
Erin Andrews ~ 1 vote. She's cute, but this vote is all about Maksim, her partner. He's my DWTS boyfriend.
Jake Pavelka ~ 1 vote. Another vote for the professional partner. In this case, it's Chelsie. She's too cute.
Pamela Anderson ~ 1 vote. Damn, I have no idea how to process Miss Anderson. She is a whole mess of crazy, from the toss of her hair and the boobs to the crazy do-me eyes she tosses at the camera whenever it's on her. She's going to be my train wreck for this season. I must see what she does every week ... until I grow tired of her ... then I'll have to vote her off.
Niecy Nash ~ 1 vote. This girl is awesome for more than one reason, but the one I'll tell you about here is that she had a bite of cheeseburger on national television, and then delighted in it. Okay, also because she said "jiggly bits."
Nicole Scherzinger ~ 1 vote. I can't stand the Pussycat Dolls, but she's going to be good to watch for the next couple weeks.
Buzz Aldrin, Aiden Turner and Kate Gosselin ~ 0 votes. I'm sure Turner can be a better dancer, but really, the ABC tendency to give us an ABC soap star every season bugs me. I irrationally take this out on Turner tonight. Also, Gosselin and Aldrin were awful.

No comments: