Thursday, March 4

Not that I'm really eager for the heat

Our summer is coming together lately, and we may just have an awesome one, despite the fact that we live here in the frickin' heat of the desert. First, the grassy knoll in the backyard is looking good, though it'll still be several days before it's lush and beautiful. Still, it's on the mend, and I'm really pleased with how we have refurbished our yard. Second, Sydney had her first swim lesson this afternoon, and she totally loved it. In fact, as we left the building, she asked if we could go back to swim school, "right now." She really enjoyed it, and didn't seem to mind at all that I was behind the window, just watching. I like that she felt comfortable without me, and with the new teacher. Let's see how next week goes, but this was a fantastic start. Third, a lot of Sydney's summer clothes from last year are fitting her this year. We put a pair of shorts on her this afternoon and they fit just fine around the waist still. I'd like to have a couple pairs of her capris from last summer hemmed up to shorts though. Also, this won't stop me from getting her a new pair (or three) of shorts this summer. Fourth, my new assertion that we will do more, as a family, this year is foremost in my plans. Going outside is always a sketchy proposition during the summer, as it's hot as hell outside, but I really want us to do some good family-style things.
Like I said, our summer is off to a good start.

No comments: