Friday, March 19

"New Moon" on Saturday

I'm not going to hide this from you: I will be among those people at Target tomorrow buying my copy of New Moon. I read the books, as I vaguely remember mentioning on the blog here, and didn't dig them too much. Actually, I totally liked the first three. The fourth? Meh. But what should be noted is that I am enjoying the movies much more. (Fun fact to embarrass my husband: he likes them a lot, too. He'll be in line with me tomorrow, and we'll probably watch the movie tomorrow night.)
I think my preference for the films relies completely on the fact that, in the movies, you don't hear a whole lot from Bella's inner monologue. In the books, Bella (the main female character) whines quite a bit. She borders on the ridiculous, with the amount of whining she rolls with throughout the day/night. You can tell she is a teenager because of all the DRAMA in her life. Every little thing is worthy of uppercase letters, and in case you missed it, she'll throw in an italic for good measure. The movies though, don't dwell on any of that. That's the beauty of a movie, it's all about the eyes, and not so much the inner workings of the mind.
New Moon is the second of the Twilight films; the first being called, conveniently, Twilight. The third film, Eclipse, is scheduled for release June 30. I'm very intrigued to see how the fourth film (Breaking Dawn) comes out, since it was my least favorite of the four books.

No comments: