Wednesday, March 31

iPad pick-up in aisle "Cool"

So Brian told me a couple weeks ago that he'd get me an iPad (STILL hate the name!). I kinda blew it off as a "sure, I'll believe it when I see it," but over the last several days, I've been getting excited about it. It sounds ridiculous, but I really want this particular tablet computer to make my life a lot less papery. An official digital calendar; an editable address book that requires no pencil or specific blue pen; all the business card stuff and lifestyle information, as well as personal notes; and informational, weirdly anal-retentive spreadsheets. Another huge draw for a paperless existence: e-books. I'm a huge, HUGE fan of actual, real books, but there is something super fantastic about buying a story that I may or may not like, and not waste a tree over it. It'll be a better life for me if I can read anything and everything with no worry over the guilt of not liking it and yet, advocating the killing of a tree or two for it. So, the 3G connection isn't important to me. The Wi-Fi will do just fine. I'd like the 32 GB model, I think, giving me plenty of room for plenty of books. So my iPad will be available in stores this weekend. I doubt I'll actually get one this weekend, but the flight of fancy is thrilling.

No comments: