Friday, March 26

Book vs. movie, a timeless tug-of-war

I chose The Broker, by John Grisham. I picked it myself, relying on no one but me ... and my anal retentive tendencies towards making everything look better. Since the Grisham book was the only paperback on the shelf, it looked weird. Without it on the shelf, the books are more uniform in height, appealing to my ridiculous visual requirements. I take it as a good sign that I'm a couple dozen pages in, and I actually debated tonight between reading and watching a movie.
I chose the movie, which is not to say that I didn't want to read, but instead, that I was more interested in getting the movie out of my house and back to Netflix. You see, it was two resolutions warring -- being true to Netflix versus the one-book-a-month reading requirement. The movie, I knew, would get caught up in the non-mail on Sunday, so I figured that I might as well get it in the post tomorrow.
I watched The Time Traveler's Wife. It was good. Actually, better than I thought it would be. I enjoy though, putting a random flick in the DVD player while I'm dicking around online at night. Kind of a several birds with one stone thing. All the farming, e-mailing and reading done while still taking in the movie. I love multi-tasking!!

No comments: