Monday, February 22

Now, even less love for Jay

I really don't like Jay Leno now. I was never a big fan, as any look back at my posts will show, but the new Tonight Show commercial spots about him moving from 10 p.m. to 11:35 p.m. are irritating. Actually, irritating isn't even the right word. I'm not sure the word, to tell you the truth, except to say that they make me throw up a little bit in my mouth when I see them. He just looks so ... smug. That's it. His smug face is what is turning me more against him than I ever was.
Which makes the announcement of his new shows' first week's guests a bit of a conundrum. It's like my love, the Olympics, warring against my dislike, watching Jay Leno on television. Check it: Monday, skier Lindsay Vonn; Tuesday, snowboarder Shaun White; Wednesday, speed skater Apolo Ohno. Why, oh why, can't they all be traveling to The Daily Show instead?
But it's really not much of a contest, honestly. I can't imagine Leno will ask any questions that the journalists and media types haven't already asked over the last 10 days (and in the remaining six), so I doubt there will be any super new stories or information to come from the interviews (he's so milquetoast sitting behind that chair!!). If anything good comes from them, I'll read about it online. So, no, you won't find me watching Leno after the Olympics, even if he does have ultimate Olympics-watcher bait on the program!!

No comments: