Wednesday, February 10

It's official! I'm friends with Jules again!

ITEM!: I've mentioned a few times on the blog here my love for the Discovery Channel's The Deadliest Catch. The show follows several Alaskan crab fisherman through the fishing season. Over the past five years or so, we've gotten attached to the captains and their crew. Sadly, the captain of the Cornelia Marie, Phil Harris, died yesterday from complications after a major stroke last week. I'm so bummed. Now, I look forward to the new season with a bittersweet sadness.
ITEM!: One of the metaphorical Holy Grails of my Facebook friend quest has finally become a member of the social-networking site. And through no prompting from me. It seems as though my dearest Julia has been pressured by something or someone else. I would whine that it wasn't because of me, though I'm sure I've mentioned it a couple times over the last couple years, but honestly, I'm too excited to have her there. Now, it's all about Lisa, Pamela and Craig. Yes, I said you, LISA!! :)
ITEM!: I haven't heard from the job interview from last week yet. Let's wait and see if I get a call tomorrow or Friday. I sent a thank-you note with a reminder that I'm available for additional questions or another meeting, so there's nothing else I can do that wouldn't be considered stalking. I hate this sitting and waiting. I certainly appreciate Aunt Bette's good feeling about it though, and I hope she's right!

No comments: