Friday, February 26

Back to normal ... in a couple days

I think that, when the Winter Olympics are over, I'll finally be getting a decent amount of sleep every night. But beyond that, what the heck am I going to do with myself? As I told Brian tonight, "It's been nice sitting on the sofa with you every night for the last two weeks." It's rare that we have something to watch together on television, and the fact that the programming lasts for several hours every night, makes for A LOT of next-to-each-other time for us. That's not to say that we don't enjoy it, but I have so much of my own TV to catch up on, and he likes to take up as much sofa space as he possibly can. When I'm out there, it's not just him and I, but Oliver and Daisy as well. Also, we are acutely aware of what we each snack on at night when we're sitting together. I prefer cookies, he goes for a bag of potato chips. (Late-night snack of champions!!)
So, following Sunday, our television time together swings back to its normal routine, which is him sleeping in front of ESPN/History/Science/Discovery on the big TV in the living room, and me cuddled in the bedroom's Cozy Chair with Oliver at my side, my computer on my lap, and the remote next to me.

No comments: