Wednesday, January 20

I just now thought of "Wanda"

STILL 37: Last night, I chose to read a book instead of dally around on Facebook ... or do anything on my computer actually. So, that meant, quite obviously, no blog. I actually spent the entire evening sitting on the sofa reading, too. it was close to midnight when I went to bed. If the hour was closer to two, it would have better resembled my life before I had a kid, when all I had to deal with was a husband and a dog who set up camp on my lap the second I sat down. It was nice though, to completely ignore everything in my life except the pages in my hands.
STILL 37: Tonight's television is totally up my alley. Two new shows, Life Unexpected and Human Target, are my new happy places. Weird, that two shows on the complete opposite ends of the scale -- Life Unexpected is about a 15-year-old foster kid who now is making a life with her birth parents, and Human Target is about a bodyguard/protector who takes on crazy dangerous assignments and, of course, saves the day -- could both be on the same night, and both make my DVR work a bit overtime.
STILL 37: David Hasselhoff is going to star in his own reality series. Charlie Sheen's wife is considering reconciling with him ... after he (allegedly) pulled a knife on her in a fight. Conan O'Brien is gearing up for a Friday exit from The Tonight Show. Crazy. That's all.
STILL 37: I've been planning some changes to my FarmVille farm, and I'm kind of excited. But I'm also somewhat unsure of what I really want to do, so I'm taking my time about making any decisions. Though I did decide that the one piece of land will now be devoted to flowers. I already grew a lot of lavender, but now will be harvesting a steady stream of daffodils and pink roses, too.
STILL 37: I'm having a good time coming up with my list for next week when Mom visits! Yay girls' weekend!
STILL 37: I saw this picture, and even though it's just labeled "Angelfish" in the Blog Photos folder on my desktop, I had a fleeting but powerful thought. I heard, in my head, so clearly and unmistakably, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, call Ariel, "Angelfish." It was awesome, this weird moment in my head, and I realized that I simply must, must, must use this picture tonight. Even though it made no sense in regards to the blog post's content.

No comments: