Friday, January 22

"Hello, this is .. not ... George .."

ITEM!: Tonight is Conan O'Brien's last night hosting The Tonight Show. I haven't seen the show yet, I'm still 40 minutes away from it starting. But I'll tell you something, I'm super glad that I can go back to not giving a care in the world about late-night television ... until Jay Leno retires. Then I'll probably get all indignant about who NBC will want to replace him. Who will it be? (Perhaps a woman? No! Not at night!! Chicks only do good TV during the day!) Will Jimmy Fallon be a stronger night-time television force? Only time, ratings and Jay's health, will tell.
ITEM!: I got a call this afternoon about my resume. The call itself was from a guy who works for a company that does the job searching for bigger companies. The position is a "Content Editor" for an unnamed company in my town, which is good. The catch? Only $12 an hour for the 90-day grace period, and then the pay moves up a bit more. Not a whole lot more, and still less than what I was getting at my last job. Anyway, this guy, Sam, forwarded on the company's test for the applicants, which I did and sent back to him almost right away. The test was a bunch of textual changes, format changes and file changes to some text. I imagine most of it was just to see if I could follow directions properly, and if I understood what a strikethrough is. The test took all of 15 minutes, and I sent it back. Sam tells me that he should hear back on Monday, and therefore will get back to me on Monday. When asked, I told him that I could interview as early as Tuesday morning, but then wouldn't be available again until Thursday morning (preschool, you know!). Sadly, I have no presentable interview clothing. If this guy calls me Monday afternoon for a Tuesday interview, I'll be rushing to the mall for some new black pants!
ITEM!: I did watch some of the Hope for Haiti telethon on television tonight. I'm torn when it comes to these celebrity-manned phone lines. I mean, you can't call in and donate only $10, because that would look super cheap in front of the celebrities. But wouldn't it suck to donate $500 in the hopes of talking to someone cool, like Jack Nicholson, Bono, Ellen Degeneres or George Clooney (YES, PLEASE!), and ended up chatting with Brad Pitt's beard, Beyonce or someone obscure that I wouldn't recognize? I mean, don't get me wrong, it would be awesome to talk to any of them, but given the odds, I would totally rather chat with someone I would love to scream from my blog and Facebook that I met.
ITEM!: Tomorrow, we roll down the 10 to Tucson for the "G." Family Christmas ... a bit later. Still, a deep-fried turkey! Fun with the family! More presents for Sydney! Short, but entertaining road trip! Awesome!

No comments: