Monday, January 4

A fresh year = a fresh cupcake

And finally, all of Christmas is put away, safely boxed up in the garage, happily resting until next December. There isn't a single Santa Claus, snowman, reindeer, or candy cane sitting out anymore, and it feels and looks lovely. I know I've said this before, but after decorating for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, once January rolls around, it's so nice to have the place looking normal. And it will be lovely, until February, when we festivate for Valentine's Day, and then St. Patrick's Day and then Easter. Notice how so many holidays are in three-event bunches? Those three-month marathons just drive me batty. Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying my un-festooned home right now, and am eager to dig into my next set of tasks, projects and randoms. ... ... ...
Now that I think about it, I have a love affair with January. So much fresh opportunity, fresh possibilities, fresh slates, and fresh time frames for my to-do list. It's still cold, with months to go until it gets hella-hot. It's a bright future heading into the new year, with months ahead of me to get everything done, as well as procrastinate. The only real problem with January? That damn additional year added to my age.

No comments: