Friday, January 1

A double feature? Most certainly!

ITEM!: As far as first days of the year go, I would say that this one was pretty decent. I got to sleep in a little bit; did some futzing around my house picking up this and that; had a yummy lunch at P.F. Chang's; mastered bell peppers; and caught a new movie. Sydney didn't nap at all this afternoon, so a quiet after-bedtime evening has descended.
ITEM!: The movie, Paranormal Activity, managed to freak me out, even though I had Brian prepare me for everything that would happen on screen. I hate those kinds of movies. Everyone knows this. I was pressured, rather ungallantly and selfishly, into watching this with him tonight. Thankfully, it was an early showtime in our home, so I can now go into the bedroom and watch Terminator: Salvation before going to sleep.
ITEM!: I am unable to take down all my household Christmas decorations until Tuesday, when Sydney is at school, but have managed to put away little bits here and there. This afternoon, the Christmas dishes were put away, and now the plain, boring, non-reindeer plates and glasses are back. Nothing else can be done without moving Brian's car out of the garage and digging into the boxes. And for that, I continue to avoid upsetting my kid and having to negotiate every piece of decoration put away, by waiting until Tuesday.

No comments: