Monday, December 21

Today is the shortest sunny day of the year

So tomorrow we head off to California. Daddy came out today to be my copilot, and my stories about the day should be good ones. It'll be me, Daddy, Sydney, Oliver and Daisy in the car all day. The drive, I don't think, should be that awful. In fact, I think it'll be just fine. My humor lies in the craziness that will ensue at our stops for peeing and eating. It'll be pretty fantastic!
Now, once I make my way into the hometown tomorrow afternoon, I will still have three more people to buy presents for. I've got ideas for most of them, but come tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll have to come up with something more permanent than "ideas."
It is 9:38 p.m. right now, and I've got most everything packed in the car. Sydney's and Brian's bags are in the trunk, as is Christmas. All that's left is my own bag, which I haven't even started collecting for and organizing, and the dog's stuff, which can't be done until tomorrow anyway.
I also remembered to get gas this afternoon. Don't be too impressed by that though, the light went on sooner than I anticipated.

No comments: