Friday, December 4

Tiger gets caught because of the tail

I'm kind of too tired to really weigh in on this, but I'll take a stab at it anyway.
Tiger Woods and his "transgressions." First of all, the media vultures need to get it out of their heads that Tiger is the first celebrity to cheat on his wife. Nor has he ever declared that he's squeaky clean, never would step out, or deserves to be sainted for his moral fortitude. There. So they need to stop acting like this is the most earth-shattering and big-ticket story of the year. Big deal, people, he cheated. Let's focus on something else more important, and let him and his wife figure out this mess.
Having said that, I also will pop off. I'm disappointed in him, as he's one of my favorite sports celebrities. I also thought he was smarter than this. To clarify: not too smart to cheat (because hardly any of these celebrity men are when they've got that much groupie-tail chasing them around), but too smart to get busted for it. And my goodness, why does anyone leave voice mails or send text messages when involved in something clandestine? Ridiculous! Every phone has a caller id function, and everyone can tell when they've got a missed call. Let that be your message, I say to those cheaters who are looking for some easy advice. A technological trail is as damning as a paper trail.
I'm all over Tiger's wife, Elin, redoing the prenuptial agreement, too. While getting paid to continue being someone's wife smells a bit like fancy prostitution, I'm on board with her getting some additional financial settlement to keep herself, and her kids, comfortable in the manner to which they have become accustomed, should Tiger decide to run off with his next "transgression."
And, having said that, it's no one's business but Tiger and Elin's, and no one outside of the two of them has any business talking about the intricacies of this relationship and its current issues.
You know who's bugging me about this "news story" today (and got me fired up enough to blog about it)? Gloria Allred's daughter, who, with no personal knowledge of the mistress or her mother's thought processes, talking up all the news programs, implying that the only reason her mother and the other woman would have canceled their scheduled news conference is because some kind of under-the-table financial settlement must have been promised. Total assumption from this woman, and every news outlet that reports to Yahoo!, CNN and USAToday.com has posted it like it's gospel.
I honestly can't wait for the next tabloid storm to land. I'm so over hearing about Tiger. Today's episode of Extra must have spent two-thirds of its programming on this. I kept switching away until the segment was over, but every time I switched back, something else was on or someone else was talking about it. Argh!

No comments: