Tuesday, December 22

She looks much fancier than I feel tonight!

And then they arrived in California ...
Myself and my entourage arrived at Mom's house late this afternoon, after a day full of desert driving, and more random weather patterns then I had ever seen in a single day. I'm so glad I had Daddy as my copilot. Coming over the mountain into Quartzsite, Ariz., I drove through a rain storm that had my hands glued to the steering wheel at 10 and two, and my eyes forever searching for the lane indicators. The rain fell so hard, there were times when the visibility was nil, reminding me of some Massachusetts snow storms. Daddy's weather anomaly, between Blythe and Indio, Calif., was a dust storm and wind that pushed the car hither and yon. In Palm Springs, the wind was such a force that Sydney was worried that she or the dogs would be blown away. And it was kind of cold everywhere!
But the main goal for the day was accomplished: we are now in California!

No comments: