Wednesday, December 30

KIMNSYD ... Thoughts?

So let me get this straight: Vanity plates in Kansas are so specific to the county and vehicle that there can be someone holding the plate, "Sully," in each county (there are 105), for each kind of vehicle (motorcycle, car, truck), bringing the most possible number of the same vanity license plate to more than 300. In Kansas, of the 85,000 vanity plates, there are 33,000 duplicates. The state has decided though, that this way of doing things is getting a bit too confusing. So, as of next year, the state will be eliminating the duplicate plates, allowing only the longest-holding plate owner to keep any particular moniker.
What makes this news? The story of the guy with the "Sully" plate, who is making a fuss. Even though he's had this particular license plate since the '70s, he's still the second-longest plate holder, and he's pissy about losing it. I would be, too, I guess, but really, this duplicate plate business is ludicrous. Doing away with it seems like such a no-brainer. And I'm thinking, "Duh, Kansas. This took too long to figure out."
Speaking of vanity license plates, the registration on the Jetta is up next month, and I'm thinking about getting a vanity plate. Brian and I have already vetoed my dearly departed "Such a Rebel," because really, there's not a single rebellious thing about my life right now. (There wasn't 20 years ago either, but let's roll with this.) So now I'm in the midst of a creative brainstorm, trying to come up with a current life-appropriate vanity plate. Arizona is now allowing seven characters on their plates, so that opens up the ideas a bit more than the state's former six-character plate. I'm certainly open to suggestions, if you have any!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

REDPEN

KIMMIES

STARGAZ

DSYNKID



---PAMELA