Sunday, December 20

Countdown to Camarillo: two days

I had thought about packing all the Christmas presents and stuff in the car's trunk tonight, just so I could get it out of the closet in my guest room. I pulled all the unnecessary extras from the trunk itself, and was pleased with the amount of workable space I've got going on in there. I fitted the few bags in their proper place, leaving space for the clothing bags, and any other sundry items. I thought, "Well, that's cool. This might actually work!" Then, I really noticed all the space in the trunk right now. And considered how that back portion, all perfectly packed, would probably go flying around and creating a disarray the first time I either gunned it, or slammed on the brakes. And then I thought, "Ugh, no. This is not going to wok." And then the game began: where do I put the bags, not in the guest room, and be sure no one three-feet-tall or six-feet-tall gets into them? The answer of course, is to put them in the kitchen, with the old queen-sized linens spread across them. No one in this house will get that nosy, if it looks like they might mess up the linens, and therefore have to fold them again.
Also, I need more time and money for Christmas shopping.

No comments: