Monday, November 9

Why can't he be arrested for this?

I feel for Jennifer Lopez. Her ex-husband is trying to sell a video about their lives together, featuring home videos of many social situations, but also some footage of her in sexual situations, notably from their own honeymoon. Lopez has been fighting against this guy, Ojani Noa, over the last several years, trying to keep him from cashing in on their history together. His first attempt was a ghost-written tell-all book a couple years ago, that he tried to get her to pay $5 million to keep from being published. Today, Lopez won a court order to keep the video from being sold. Until tomorrow anyway, when a hearing will decide whether the video will stay under wraps, or Noa will be allowed to sell it.
I come down firmly on the side of this being a totally trashy thing for this dickhead guy to do to her. Dude, you messed up, and you're not married to the girl anymore. Get over it. And leave her alone.
And on what planet is it, in any way, okay to sell personal and private video of anyone without their specific and written permission? I mean, these are intimate and personal pieces of her life, and she (or anyone, for that matter) should never, ever have to worry about such a thing making its way into the commercial marketplace. I absolutely hate these aspects of our celebrity culture. That there is a market for this is ridiculous. If no one cared, or would buy it, then no one would try to sell it. Cheers to Lopez and her attorneys; give him hell!

My Dancing with the Stars voting (5 votes allowed):
Kelly Osbourne ~ 2 votes. Osbourne's personality is going a long way with me with this season's competition. I am loving her! And the fact that her dancing is improving, makes it all the better. I hope she makes it into the finals. And wouldn't it be lovely if she won? She'll be getting all my votes.
Donny Osmond ~ 1 vote. I'm not a huge fan, but I love that he has very little modesty. And Kym is rocking his world with her choreography. I'd love to see her win!
Mya ~ 1 vote. Mya's personality is a bit off-putting, and she doesn't seem to connect with the audience (or me) much. But she's, technically, a very good dancer.
Aaron Carter ~ 1 vote. I'm not sure what it is about Carter that I'm not liking, but to his credit, I like him better than I do Joanna Krupa.
Joanna Krupa ~ 0 votes. I'm sorry, but this girl does absolutely nothing for me. And if she wins, I'll declare shenanigans on what is obviously some kind of conspiracy in favor of anyone who doesn't have the last name "Hough."

No comments: