Friday, November 6

That's how much I move when she's sleeping

I have a stack of catalogs about eight inches tall sitting on my reading shelf right now. And yet, while this collection is a preemptive strike on my Christmas shopping, I sit here staring at the pile, having not made a move to look at any of the catalogs in it. I've got my list of people, my tentative budget, and some basic ideas for which catalogs for whom as well as actual gift ideas. What I don't have is the patience and motivation to dig into the, let's face it, monumental task of Christmas shopping right now.
I'm actually a huge fan of avoidance lately. Not so much a fan, more like a practicing avoider. You may think I'm sounding kinda proud about that. On the contrary, I'm pretty embarrassed. My Facebook status today, at one point, was, "Kimberly would like to be less lazy, please. Will someone take care of that?" The question, of course, made the status more of a joke, but the general feeling behind it is truth. I am lazy lately, in every way possible: mentally, emotionally, physically, motivationally. Again, not at all proud. Not even sarcastically. Instead, I'm struggling with finding my, let's call it a "Fourth-Quarter Catalyst," for getting through the next couple months, and building the strength to attack the beginning of next year. I am getting excited about our plans as they develop, but in day-to-day getting up and doing, my head just doesn't seem to be in the game.
Is it that I haven't been getting enough sleep? I think I'm just too easily distracted. I also think I enjoy sitting on my ass in front of the television with this devil computer on my lap more than anything else ... while Sydney's asleep, of course.
When she's awake, I enjoy playing Memory. I'm getting better at it.

p.s. Let's play a different game! I invented two (2) words in tonight's post! What are they?

No comments: