Thursday, November 5

Shampoo and underwear in the same post?

I don't like it when I try something new and it ends up being inferior to something I know I already like. It's why I eat a lot of the same things in restaurants. I fear the disappointment of the unknown, and how bad it might taste. When I go out, I want to know that it'll taste good and that I will want to eat it all. But that's restaurants. I've been struggling with two new changes in my life, and neither is working out as well as I'd like.
1. Since I'm officially coloring my hair more than ever before, it's been suggested that I use a color-friendly shampoo. Mom gave me her Enjoy stuff, and while it worked well, it wasn't my Paul Mitchell, so I went about finding the color-friendly Paul Mitchell. In using it, I discovered something off-putting. In my head, it smells very distinctly like something I dislike immensely. Yes, my shampoo stinks of tanning salon and its after effects.
Do I deal with this and use up the shampoo until it's done? Do I go out and buy some more of Mom's Enjoy shampoo and just pitch the Paul Mitchell? Do I not bother with the color-friendly stuff and go back to my normal stuff? How important can specific color-friendly stuff be anyway?
"Yes" to the second one, maybe.
2. I need some new underwear -- the plain, boring, cotton variety. In my search for some panties that are a bit less expensive than my Jockeys, I found my way into the underwear section of Target. In my research, I bought a package of Fruit of the Loom and a package of Hanes. Judgment of the Fruit of the Loom: cotton is too thin; elastic waistband is too thin, too, and is scratchy. Judgment of Hanes: sure, like the commercial says, there are no wedgies, but the lack of staying up ability is a huge negative; the waistband is comfortable, but would be more so if the panties would STAY UP; cotton thickness is perfect.
Do I live with these uncomfortable panties? Do I trash them and go buy the brand I prefer?
"Yes" to the second one. As now I am, apparently, a proponent for Jockey.

No comments: