Tuesday, November 17

Seacrest snubbed again!

I'm going to roll this entire post based on, 1.) a single sentence on the Yahoo! homepage, and 2.) my general dislike for personality Ryan Seacrest. I did not watch the footage of this, not did I do any more research other than read this single sentence.
Yahoo! homepage sentence: Robert Pattinson awkwardly leaves an interview when Ryan Seacrest asks him about costar Kristen Stewart.
Kimmie's random tangent: I am completely and utterly bugged by Ryan Seacrest. I remember that I thoroughly enjoyed the moment I learned about Angelina Jolie snubbing him on some award show's red carpet entry. So, the fact that he got dissed by Robert Pattinson, an actor with some talent but a huge following, for asking a tabloid question is awesome. The fervor around these Twilight actors is huge, and the interest in any off-screen relationships between Pattinson and Stewart is, apparently, news. So, I can see why Seacrest would ask about this. He's only one of the thousands of reporters, if he can be called that, to ask about it. Why Pattinson chose to turn on him on this night is intriguing, since he and Stewart have played coy with everyone else.
But the circumstances behind this are not as interesting to me. It's the act itself. I derive irrational enjoyment from Seacrest being left hanging by a celebrity that he probably thought would be a "buddy" to him, and would give him some kind of scoop because he's "Ryan Seacrest," and because he's on American Idol.

No comments: