Tuesday, November 24

A quick recap of the last few days

Okay, it's been a long week. I wonder if I can go through it, day by day, in random bullet points (so it isn't too crazy on you reading through it).
Thursday, November 19: Sydney and I drove out to Anaheim to meet Mom at Disneyland for a two-day adventure in Mickey Mouse awesomeness. The drive was cool, as going to Anaheim takes about two hours less than the drive to Mom's house. At the park, we rode the Finding Nemo submarines; met, hugged and had our picture taken with Tinkerbell; watched the holiday parade; and saw some fireworks. Sydney and I slept in bunk beds. She was far more comfortable than I.
Friday, November 20: Perhaps the best day at Disneyland ever, if not, it was certainly the best in a very long time. Lines were minimal, people were minimal, and we loved every minute of it. We were there at 8 a.m., and left the park at about 3 p.m. We got on the road about 4 p.m. Long day! Plenty of traffic on the way home, too. Yummy pizza for dinner!
Saturday, November 21: Lunch with Daddy! (My first experiment with Facebook used as a peer pressure tool.) Chillin' in the afternoon. Some shopping. Tasty Mexican food for dinner.
Sunday, November 22: Doughnuts for breakfast and a visit to Build-a-Bear with Lizzy to get a Christmas doll for Sydney. Having invited myself and my entourage to Lydia's birthday party, we all made our way down to the "Un-Birthday-est" party for Lydia (Alice) who turned six. And it was wonderful! I love the best how Andrea (Cheshire Cat), Ryan (Mad Hatter), Chris (Queen of Hearts), Ody (White Rabbit), and Ryan's parents (Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum) dressed up in the proper attire to fit in the theme. I had a lovely visit with Jeannine, too, and got to cuddle a bit with Eli. Dinner with Lisa, a requirement for every trip back to Cali, was delicious, as was the conversation.
Monday, November 23: The drive home yesterday felt so much longer than it has in a while. The time change does me no favors, as no matter how early (or late) I leave Mom's house, it'll be one hour later than it should be when I get back home. I was tired last night!!

No comments: