Monday, November 30

First of many Santa pics this month!

I gave myself today to get my house, head and affairs in order before the insanity of December descends on my life. This strategy, while valid, did not play out the way I wanted. I'm not sure what I expected, or how I thought this plan would solidify, but here I am, ready as I'll ever be for December.
All the traveling stuff from last weekend is put away. All the random things are put where they should be put. All the little things that are bugging me are re-organized. Jeez, I even figured out the travel mug/plastic cup/extra mugs cabinet and shelves. As I look around, I'm pretty happy with the state of my pre-Christmas home. Tomorrow, bring it on.
I just noticed that there is Christmas decor in the background of my favorite local newscast. I guess I'm really ready for it all if I'm immediately envious of other people that have it done already. Like my mom. Mom has all her Christmas decor up already. She did it in November. This is an egregious wrinkle in Owens Girls Holiday Protocol, but since she's Mom, I'll let it go.
I'm interested to see how long the decorating will take me tomorrow. It has, over the last few years, taken me close to six hours or so to get it done. This year, as we are in a new place and I get to find new spots to put stuff, the decorating, I fear, will take quite a bit more time than six hours. I expect a good day's worth of time to take care of it.

Could I ramble anymore? Ridiculous. I'm preoccupied.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

hello. i found your blog on google about the target survey..still waiting to win! lol.. where in southern cali are/were you from? I live in the high desert..

http://theflammes.blogspot.com