Saturday, November 14

Feel better soon, PLEASE!! *sigh*

I can't remember the last time one of my colds manifested into such an awful, awful mood. Almost every single thing that happened today managed to irritate me in a huge way. And between my sick irritability, and Sydney's sick whining, it's a wonder that Brian didn't run screaming from the house at least three times today. Syd and I played off each other's issues, and Brian was just kind of a spectator, who neither wanted to play the mediator, nor become the object of our "affection." In that, he just stayed out of our way, gently condescending whenever we talked to him, whined at him, bitched at him, or cried to him. Really, he was a bit of a saint, now that I really look at how his day rolled. Add to that the knowledge that he'll probably catch this cold, too, and today, as a Saturday, must have sucked right out loud for him. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a better day for everyone.
We did manage to watch a movie tonight though. It was Up. We missed it in the theaters, so when we saw it at Best Buy this morning, we decided to pick it up for an afternoon flight of fancy. The movie itself was wonderful, and the story was as heart-wrenching and -warming as you'd heard. Very good movie, and once again, Pixar amazes us all.
The best part of the film though, was that the dogs in it had collars on that translated their thoughts into words that were heard via the collars' speakers. Um, fantastic! There isn't a dog lover/owner/parent out there who wouldn't give practically anything to have such a great little gadget! It was fascinating mainly because the dogs' thoughts rolled in such a stream of consciousness, exactly how you would expect a dog to be thinking. ... SQUIRREL! ... Like, right now, I imagine Oliver's collar would be saying, "I lie next to you because you let me, and you're warm, and I love you." *Yawn* "Rub my tummy."

No comments: